How to disable UAC prompt for specific application
This is how you can use Microsoft’s toolkit to remove the annoying UAC prompt for specific applications. This patch is a must for the MS-DOS CMD interpreter, as well as any command-line program which requires administrative access.
The process is as follows:
- Download and install the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
- Run the compatibility administrator from the toolkit (be sure to right click the icon to Run As Administrator)
- Right click on the database under Custom Databases, select both Create New and Application Fix.
- Enter name of app, and browse to the executable, and click on Next.
- Click Next until you are on Compatibility fixes screen. Find item RunAsInvoker, check it, click Next and finish.
- Select File -> Save As, and give it a name such as C:\vistasux.sdb
- Click Start -> All programs -> Accessories, and right-click the command prompt icon to Run as Administrator.
- Enter command: sbdinst c:\vistasux.sdb
(substitute the appropriate filename you created in step 6)